I was extremely bullied by peers while growing up. This experience resulted in my being uptight and not wanting to relate so much with humans. I remember feeling worthless at some point, while struggling at the same time to be accepted by these peers. I eventually gave up the whole seeking attention craze, as I landed in unpleasant experiences severally, which left me feeling worse every time.
Fast forward to many years after, I found my worth in Christ. I came to know His deep reaching, breath taking love for me. Ever since then, it's been an unstoppable, not-looking-back journey into the life that God gives. My experience in God so far, has been mind blowing to say the least.
Today, I see a lot of people struggle with their self worth. Our society does more harm than good, as it proffers its own standards of determining self worth which a lot of people have fallen prey to. I do not think your worth should be determined by academic accolades or material possessions. What happens to all those things when you feel like crap while laying in your closet, ALONE?
It is my desire that we will all embark on a journey of becoming who we really are irrespective of what parameters the society uses in determining self worth. The moment we realize we can not live or be outside our creator, there our life actually begins. These parameters set by society actually clutters the real you, while you develop a persona that fits into what you think is acceptable. I believe this has contributed to the many ills prevalent in today's society.
I pray and hope that we will find our worth in Christ and fulfill the very purpose for which mankind was made; that the intelligence and creativity of God be revered and praised by all beings.
God will, and still remains the only life giver, through Jesus His Son.
No comments:
Post a Comment