Friday, 1 April 2016

I Press on....




One of the "what if" questions in my last post(someone called it a "rant" :) ) happened to me this past week. I would spare the details of my experience, but it shook me so much that I shut down all activities for over two days. Talk about being caught unaware by events.

Everything has just left me wondering why we go through the things we go through? I have a lot of questions which I know would remain unanswered possibly until I get to heaven.Nevertheless, how do you let go of the many unnamed feelings caused by events and still press on in this journey called life, especially in your faith as a Son of God on earth? How can I let go of these feelings and just focus on my journey to who and what God has called me to be? It is so easy to quote "this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead...."Phil3:13 Do we really live it out? Letting go of the memories of yesterday for an uncertain tomorrow can sometimes be a hard call to make...

My therapy for letting go has been to genuinely admit how I feel, by crying and expressing my feelings to God, just the way they are. This opens me up to receive help from the Holy Spirit who comforts me by refocusing my gaze to the word of God, which is my reality irrespective of the prevalent circumstances. I eventually pick myself up and press on towards the goal for the prize of my calling in Jesus Christ.

I just thought to encourage anyone going through a tough time by putting up this post. Jesus never said it will be easy, but He said we would face all sorts of trials and hard times, but we should be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. Since He lives in us, we are ourselves over-comers. Hence, when we go through fire or water, nothing hurts us. Even if it hurts us and we fall, we rise up and press on. Although a righteous man may fall seven times, he will still rise up. We take solace in the fact that in order to reign with Christ in glory, we should be willing to partake of some form of suffering just like He did while on earth. The calling on our lives is worth fighting for!

Be of Good Cheer! God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment