When I hear Christians say "the time I got born again was the most exciting time of my life!! I felt so much power and excitement to do God's work", it makes me feel sad for the entire christian fold. In my Pastor's words "Hit your Bible and Say No!! I won't live that kind of life" :)
How can you give excuses as to why you are no longer on fire for God? You now have a family with kids, and so what? or Did I hear you say, my job has gotten more demanding? Oh Please!. who even gave you the job, or keeps the life that goes to work? Have you forgotten Priscillia and Acquillas in the Bible?
We are called to a life of constant growth in God, and He has made every good thing required for us to do His will available to us. I've heard someone say Christianity is the only religion in which the Supreme God and Lord helps His followers run the race, by making every help available.(Hebrews 13:20). Besides, Jesus said in John15;5.."I am the vine, you are the branches.If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit". The responsibility of the branch is to bear fruit, knowing it is well rooted and its nutrients stem from its root. So do you think you are being fruitful in your calling? You cannot afford not to be!! God's first command to man upon creation was to be fruitful!
I urge you to take an inventory today. Have I matured in the things of God since I got born again? Has my knowledge of Him increased? Remember you can not afford to remain a babe taking milk when meat is available for you. You have access to the Holyspirit especially if you are born again. He is your stand by and He charges you up(that's if you let Him). He will guide you into all truth and keep you charged up for the life you have been called to live. There is no lukewarmness in God's kingdom. Remember the fig tree was cursed because of its fruitlessness.
Lord, I ask that you help me continually yield to you and be fruitful in the life you have called me to live. Amen
God bless you!!
God bless you!!
Indeed no One else can make us fruitful except our SOURCE so the more we remain in Him the more we produce fruits. God bless you for sharing.
ReplyDelete