Almost at the end of a 40 day fast, the past two weeks have seen me face crazy tests I didn't even realize I was being tested till I came out. Oh Yea I passed!! or I would like to think I did..lool!! Indeed, God knew what our challenges on earth will be, before urging us to guard our heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life.
If you walk closely with God or have a call on your life(I think every believer has a call..talk for another day), you are a TARGET of the enemy. Yes, he's watching you right now chasing hard after God and looking for a way to distract you. He's after you, your mind, your actions. So you have to ensure your spirit man is equipped enough to face whatever the enemy decides to bring at any point in time. I would spare you the details of my test, but I would give the devil a thumbs up for being a master at mind games.
You see it just starts with a thought!! Imagine an invincible wind close to your ear, whispering a sentence into your mind. The sentence settles in your mind, analysis occurs in your mind, and then you come up with a 15,000 worded essay all in your mind. This essay might include reasons why you should react contrary to God's standard of operation, discouragement, overwhelming feelings, fear of the unknown. The next thing you know, you turn off the engine of your boat and park on one spot because your 15,000 word essay has made you feel like, 'What's in this walk with God for me?' 'I don't see fruits yet'. 'How long do I keep walking till the manifestation of God's promises to me?' And then you stop your daily prayers cos of your feelings, you stop reading your bible, you stop feeding your spirit which is your nerve center and engine. Don't forget your mind does not get born again,(topic for another day). Now the enemy has you where he wants you!! Hit your bible and say No!!!
I know the walk with God can be tough, But we do not do it with our flesh and like I love to say, we have been equipped with everything we need to walk right by God's side on earth. I'd leave you with a scripture the Holy spirit comforted me with in this season; 1Thess5:5-8;" you are all children of the light and of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet."
Be ALERT, ARMED WITH FAITH, LOVE and THE HOPE OF YOUR SALVATION! You are a CHILD OF LIGHT and CANNOT BE CARELESS. GUARD YOUR MIND, CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS AND REACTION, You ARE a TARGET of the Enemy!!.
May God keep you and cause His face to shine upon you.
God bless you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment