Tuesday, 3 May 2016

In the Midst of Everyone's Opinion..

Whose approval do you live for? On whose opinion and advice do you base your life's decisions? In this age of social media, do you live and do things for the 'likes' or for approval by the majority? In the midst of every one's opinion concerning your circumstances, who do you listen to?

As I journey through life, I have come to realize that everyone has some form of advice and opinion concerning almost every aspect of your life. From family, to friends, to the endless list of loved ones. While Father wants you to take a job at a prestigious international organisation, Uncle thinks you should get a third degree. Friends think you should start a business. Aunties think you better settle down and get married. Others think you are better off at any job you find, after all half a bread is better than none. Truth be told, they all have your best interests at heart. Yet, if you find yourself caught up in this mix of 'what everyone thinks you should be doing', what do you do? Do you succumb to taking each and every advice?(If you do, you might just drown!)

In the end, all that matters is the voice and direction of your manufacturer and maker; God. As I come to know Him intimately, I understand that He will show you the path to take as you journey through life."I am God, your God, who teaches you how to live right and well. I show you what to do, where to go". Isaiah 48:17 In most cases, no one would understand this path except you who has been given the manual specifically. Trying to explain to others without revelation, will more often than not lead you to a dead end. 

If you are faced with making a decision today, whether as regards a business deal, a career move, an investment decision, or in the course of your relationship(marital or otherwise), I challenge you to listen to the voice of God irrespective of the clutter of voices around you. You remain responsible for your life's decisions. Besides, when you are solely dependent on God, He holds you accountable for your every action, because He'd test and judge your every action right on the spot. I encourage you not to be deterred by the non-acceptance of your decisions by those around you including your loved ones. It took Jacob a while to accept the authority of his son Joseph, despite the dreams he was privy to. Eliab despised David his seeming 'little brother' because of his courage and boldness. Mary and Joseph didn't understand Jesus' zeal for His Father's work, despite the supernatural conception they experienced. Let your confidence be in the Lord's direction of your every move. 

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment