I do not know what to do anymore. I have prayed, fasted, exercised faith, confessed God's promise about the circumstances I find myself in. I have sown seeds, monetary and otherwise. I have focused on all the positive things, birthing visual images in my mind of how things would look when God eventually comes through on this matter. Yet, nothing has happened. Could I be doing something wrong? Is there something I did from my past that is currently affecting me? Are there words that have been spoken against me? Is the blood of the new covenant not supposed to shield me from the consequences of the past? These questions and more could be lingering on your mind, while you wait for God to show up for you.
One area we all struggle with as humans is accepting God's timing for the fulfillment of our expectations. Even the expectations birthed from the promise He has given us, has its own 'God timing' which in human logic is often irreconcilable. All those years Abraham waited for the fulfillment of God's promise of a son from his loins, saw Abraham being unable to reconcile the timing of this promise. Hence, he gave in to Sarah's scheme of having a child with Hagar, the maid servant. God was not moved by this, as he insisted that Ishmael was not the child of promise.
Mary and Martha expected Jesus to show up when Lazarus was ill, so He could heal him. But He didn't, as he waited till Lazarus was dead. Bethany was just 2 miles away from Jerusalem where Jesus was when He got the news of Lazarus' Illness. He just needed to walk for 40 minutes by foot to get there, but He did not. When He showed up, both sisters said 'Lord, if you had been here Lazarus would not have died'. Yet, He had other plans even before the situation went seemingly worse. In the end, He raised Lazarus from the dead. Yes, He was late in the eyes of Mary and Martha, yet He met their need; their brother lived.
Often times, God's timing of saving us and performing that dearly desired miracle defies our human logic. This doesn't mean to stop trusting Him when He doesn't show up when we expect Him to. Neither does it mean to stop exercising faith or even confessing His word. I encourage you not to be weary in well doing. I don't know how God calculates the timing for our miracles, but we can rest in the knowledge that He wields the ability to show up for us. Don't stop believing!The expectations of the righteous will never be cut short. If you feel like its been cut short, just think that it's been readjusted by the master, and you will be better off for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment