Thursday, 17 December 2015

INTRODUCTION




Yaaaay!! I'm so excited about this blog and hopeful about our audience. It is my prayer that everyone who comes across this blog would find some encouraging content that would add value to his or her life. Amen.

So why Tzedek Terebinth you ask? It is the Hebrew word for 'Righteous Oak'. One of God's promises to me as an individual is that I would be called an oak of righteousness. Our profile picture reflects the image of an oak. Moreover, I thought rather than put my name out there I'd prefer to write using 'Tzedek' as an alias.(the 'T' is silent so it's just pronounced zedek :) )

As an individual I have always loved to write. From poems, to research papers, to agreements, to articles, and all sorts of activities requiring the penning down of thoughts. In my journey as a christian, I pen down my thoughts a lot, even while going through challenging phases. Most times you realize that you feel kind of alone while facing challenges, due to the fact that it could be difficult to share what you feel or you just can not put it to words when you try to describe it. This was my dilemma for a while, so I resorted to writing down how I feel, countering the negative feelings with the Word of God I know and reading it to myself aloud. This greatly encouraged me even at times when I went back to read what I had written, even though the said challenge that prompted the write up was over.

After God revealed his purpose for my life to me, I began to wonder how I could put to fruition what I'd found out about me. And then boom!! it hit me, why not start a blog? If my write ups encourage me greatly, why not put it out for a larger audience? So I thought to start this blog. I did a lot of research as to domain hosting, website owning and all the techy gibberish. But hey, prolonging the commencement of  a task such as this as a result of not understanding techy stuff might just lead to lost opportunities. Yea, I'd just pitch a tent here and see how it goes.

With time, we hope to feature content that would encourage everyone in their walk of faith, outsource content from my fellow believers in Christ, encourage people through the comment section, and be available to be contacted by anyone going through challenges and requiring prayers. I sincerely desire that this blog would be a blessing to everyone and we would be encouraged to make a difference in our world by what we would read, while living up to the fullness required of those positioned in the kingdom of God.

God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow a really nice idea, I think I relate to this though I don't often write down my thoughts but I feel i should now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! You can always type your thoughts on your smart phone/device if writing on a book is too much hassle.

    ReplyDelete